Cinnamon rolls have typically been our Christmas morning breakfast and most often, I use my gluten free sourdough cinnamon bun recipe that I offer in my gluten free sourdough course @ www.sourdoughsource.com . Sometimes though its nice to have a quick bread option. These cinnamon rolls can be made up in a snap and bake quickly! For an even easier breakfast, prep and refrigerate overnight, baking in the morning.
Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 c. Sorghum flour
- 1/2 c. Sweet white rice flour
- 3/4 c. Tapioca flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking powder
- 1/2 c. Butter, frozen and grated
- 1 c. plus 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
- 3 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1/4 c. Confectioners Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Butter, softened
- 1-2 tbsp. Cream
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine well all dough dry ingredients.
- With a fork stir in the frozen, grated butter.
- Once the butter is well combined with the dry ingredients, pour in the milk while continuing to stir with the fork.
- Once the dough has combined to large chunks, use lightly tapioca dusted hands to pull the dough together into an oval disk.
- On a tapioca dusted surface or pastry mat or parchment paper, pat the dough out into a rectangle of about 1/3 inch thickness.
- Combine the brown sugar and ground cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle it evenly over the surface of the dough, leaving just a bit of the edge without it.
- Break the butter into small chunks and place randomly over the cinnamon mixture.
- Grease a baking dish or cast iron pan lightly.
- On the long side of the rectangle, begin to roll up the dough. You may need to slide a spatula under it as you roll and occasionally pinch some spots together but it holds quite well. Alternately, you can use the pastry mat or parchment paper to lift and roll.
- Slice the rolled dough into 10-12 equal parts and place closely together in the baking dish or pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool for a couple of minutes before adding the glaze and serving.
- Using a whisk or immersion blender, mix up glaze. Drizzle over the cinnamon rolls.